Welcome to the AWHONN Louisiana Section
Welcome to the AWHONN Louisiana Section website! Our mission is to empower and support nurses caring for women, newborns, and their families through research, education and advocacy. We are 355 strong. If you are interested in joining our community and becoming more active at the local level, email any of the Louisiana section or chapter leaders for more information or explore our new website!
Follow us on AWHONN Louisiana Facebook page! Upcoming offerings:
-Louisiana AWHONN virtual conference: Friday, October 9, 2020
–Monthly virtual Louisiana AWHONN meetings: Recordings from AWHONN national convention 2019
-Email email@example.com to register
Thursday, Aug 20 @ 7:30pm: Sudden Unexpected Infant Death and Sudden Unexplained Postnatal Collapse
• Monday, Sept 21 @ 7:30pm: How to Manage Hypotension Following Neuraxial Anesthesia
• Monday, Oct 19 @ 7:30pm: What Keeps AWHONN Nurses Up at Night?
• Monday, Nov 9 @ 7:30pm: Perioperative Care in the Obstetric Setting
Thursday, Dec 17 @ 7:30pm: Perinatal Sepsis Webinar
Pregnancy & Corona Virus Webinars & Resources:
1. CMQCC Resources (California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative) 3/24/20 recording: new COVID-19 website https://caperinatalprograms.org/
2. LaPQC (Louisiana Perinatal Quality Collaborative) Webinar 3/25/20: Link to our COVID-19 Call Recording.
3. CDC- Corona Virus in Women’s Services Webinar 3/12/20: Link to recorded webinar: https://emergency.cdc.gov/coca/calls/2020/callinfo_031220.asp?deliveryName=USCDC_1052%20DM22171
WHO, CDC, ACOG, and SMFM Guidance:
- Cover Your Cough handout from the CDC.
- Strategies for optimizing the supply of N95 respirators, and a checklist for the same.
- Testing and the Coronavirus symptom checker.
- Checklist for the transport and arrival of patients with possible or confirmed COVID-19.
- ACOG and SMFM practice advisory on pregnant persons with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- CDC guidance on management of patients with confirmed COVID-19.
- Guidance on managing infection prevention and control in inpatient obstetric settings.
- Guidance for the discontinuation of transmission-based precautions from the CDC.
- Guidance for managing personnel with potential exposure.
- CDC guidance on how to put on and take off PPE.
- CDC FAQ’s for providers on COVID-19 and pregnant women, including: pregnant health care providers and transmission during pregnancy.
- ACOG FAQ’s for Obstetrics.
- Preventing the spread of COVID-19 in homes and residential communities.
- WHO guidance on managing severe acute respiratory infection.
- What SMFM should know about COVID-19 and pregnancy.
The Gift and Breastfeeding:
- The Gift website has been updated to include breastfeeding and pregnancy related COVID-19 information, as well as links to current information regarding WIC and home visiting. You can access those resources through The Gift website.
- username: thegift
- password: resources1
- This is a direct-download link to the COVID-19 infant feeding checklist.
- You can access Louisiana WIC here, and their updated list of WIC clinics and operations here.
- Guidance on breastpump cleaning from the CDC.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse:
- SAMHSA has published guidance and resources related to substance abuse, mental health, and COVID-19.
- A handout on helping perinatal patients cope during the outbreak from our friends at LAMHPP.
- A mental health resource list for pregnant and postpartum persons, parents, and caregivers of your children from the Bureau of Family Health.
- As a reminder, LAMHPP is also offers free assistance with diagnosing, treating, or referring perinatal patients with anxiety or any other mental health concerns. LAMHPP can also offer trainings and support in clinician self-care. Call 504-988-9171.
- ACOG implementing telehealth committee opinion.
- Medicare telemedicine health care provider fact sheet.
- Billing for digital and telehealth resources.
SEE CHAPTER WEBSITE PAGES FOR 2020 MEETING SCHEDULES
SECTION SECRETARY TREASURER
BATON ROUGE CHAPTER
NEW ORLEANS CHAPTER
SECTION LEGISLATIVE COORDINATOR