Welcome to the AWHONN Louisiana Section
Welcome to the AWHONN Louisiana Section website! Our mission is to empower and support nurses caring for women, newborns, and their families through research, education and advocacy. We are 355 strong. If you are interested in joining our community and becoming more active at the local level, email any of the Louisiana section or chapter leaders for more information or explore our new website!
Follow us on AWHONN Louisiana Facebook page!
- The Gift and Breastfeeding:
- The Gift website has been updated to include breastfeeding and pregnancy related COVID-19 information, as well as links to current information regarding WIC and home visiting. You can access those resources through The Gift website.
- username: thegift
- password: resources1
- This is a direct-download link to the COVID-19 infant feeding checklist.
- You can access Louisiana WIC here, and their updated list of WIC clinics and operations here.
- Guidance on breastpump cleaning from the CDC.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse:
- SAMHSA has published guidance and resources related to substance abuse, mental health, and COVID-19.
- A handout on helping perinatal patients cope during the outbreak from our friends at LAMHPP.
- A mental health resource list for pregnant and postpartum persons, parents, and caregivers of your children from the Bureau of Family Health.
- As a reminder, LAMHPP is also offers free assistance with diagnosing, treating, or referring perinatal patients with anxiety or any other mental health concerns. LAMHPP can also offer trainings and support in clinician self-care. Call 504-988-9171.
- ACOG implementing telehealth committee opinion.
- Medicare telemedicine health care provider fact sheet.
- Billing for digital and telehealth resources.